JS Travel Kit - шаблон joomla Новости
EU Approves Lafarge-Holcim Merger To Form Cement Titan

EU Approves Lafarge-Holcim Merger To Form Cement Titan

EU anti-trust regulators on Monday cleared the merger of French giant Lafarge with Swiss rival Holcim to kind the world's biggest cement group after each sold elements of their business to satisfy competition concerns.

"Acquisition of Lafarge by Holcim is subject to conditions. The merger can proceed," EU Competition Commissioner Margrethe Vestager said on Twitter, adding the move was "good for development".

The European Commission said it allowed the merger to go ahead provided that Lafarge divest companies in Germany, Romania and Britain and that Holcim do the same in France, Hungary, Slovakia, Spain and the Czech Republic.

Holcim and Lafarge announced in April they had been merging to create the world's biggest cement group value forty billion euros ($fifty five billion), with an eye on booming building in emerging markets.

The deal, a significant event in the international building trade, is based on the provide of one Holcim share for one Lafarge share.

The new firm can be called LafargeHolcim and "can have a novel position in ninety international locations and will likely be evenly balanced between growing countries and international locations with sturdy growth," the firms said in a joint statement.

They highlighted the match of their actions since Lafarge has a robust presence in Africa and Holcim in Latin America.

Nevertheless they each have big and competing interests in Europe.

The European Commission said it had had considerations that the "transaction, as initially notified, would have" hurt competition in many markets in Europe however that the two corporations later "committed to divesting most of the operations where their actions overlap".

"With the treatments, we have now ensured that the creation of an increased global footprint of the group is not going to come on the expense of competitors within the EU," Vestager said in a statement.

"And this is the constructive example right this moment's approval provides to different corporations which will have international ambitions," she said.

The Commission added that the 2 companies will not be allowed to finish their deal until it has approved the companies who will purchase the assets put up for sale.

- 'Nice satisfaction' -

Figures showed that the new giant will employ 136,000 people, and have annual sales of 32 billion euros and underlying profits of 6.5 billion euros.

The deal would generate economies of scale of 1.4 billion euros over three years.

LafargeHolcim will probably be in a strong place as a provider of cement, a key primary material in construction.

Building supply companies have been increasing in rising international locations the place they see enormous alternatives for progress as they face sluggish circumstances in the European development industry.

Shares in the new firm will be listed on stock exchanges in Paris and Zurich.

"We welcome with great satisfaction the commission's optimistic choice," said Wolfgang Reitzle, the long run chairman of LafargeHolcim, and Bruno Lafont, the future chief executive officer, in a joint statement.

"Because of this approval, we stay more than ever on the right path to finalise the merger in the first half of 2015."

Our Office:

Head Quarter: Africa Street  South Doctors Hospital

Sudan Khartoum

+098 8732 873212

 iThis email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.